Week 1. Why I chose the template that I did.

In all honesty I found most of the default templates to be underwhelming and boring if not over done. After viewing and considering each of the limited options available to me and weighed the ascetics against the purpose of this blog and I was still having problems making a decision. I liked the Awesome, Inc  template but the color scheme did not really work for me. The reality is that none of the templates were a clear winner. I could have made a custom template or found one of many user generated templates online but decided that, for now I will stick with the default options.

I tried to find the best template for this assignment. The fact that I could not settle on one was rather upsetting to me in a few ways. Design choices are not my strong suit and have always been one of the hardest choices for me to make. I wear a lot of plain, earth tone tee shirts due to my not being able to chose a color, pattern or even pallet to purchase. I may not be great at making a simple fashion or design choice but I had a secret weapon. I am perfectly OK with the idea of chance.  I randomly assigned a value to each template choice and asked my 10 year old cousin to pick a number for me.  He asked why and once he understood what is was I wanted  he blackmailed me into letting him play Xbox this weekend. I ended up with the default SOHO template. 

Comments

  1. I think that you chose a super creative and totally random way to decide on your blog theme! You have a very cunning and smart cousin! I hope that you guys have an awesome time playing XBOX and maybe you can ask him to help you customize a theme if you decide you feel like switching things up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John, what a process to choose your theme! I wasn't crazy about any of the theme styles as well, but for the class these are acceptable. For my business I will be using a different style blog, however, for learning purposes I'm not too concerned. Even though I do design and photography, I get caught up like you choosing color and design themes. Your earth tone pallet is a good choice, it makes you blend in with the environment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John. I was a bit overwhelmed by all the options as well. It took me forever to come up with a simple design. Actually, I think we used the same one but with different backgrounds. You should have just closed your eyes and clicked anywhere. There's a lower risk of having a 10 year old blackmail you. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts